Tribal Pandemic Toolkit
* 9/28/2022 Please note that this webpage is currently undergoing extensive editing. Links are being built and added in.
The COVID-19 Public Health Emergency took a disproportionate toll on Tribal communities in Arizona, with some impacted at rates higher than the worst hit regions in Wuhan, China at the outbreak’s start. Per Indian Health Services (IHS), American Indians & Alaskan Natives have experienced:
- Infection rates over 3.5 times higher than non-Hispanic Whites,
- 4 times more likely to be hospitalized than non-Hispanic Whites, and
- Higher mortality rates at younger ages.
To combat these health disparities, the AACIHC is creating a Tribal Pandemic Toolkit, specific for Arizona Tribes. This toolkit is a work in progress, and shall aim to:
- Assist Tribes and tribal communities in the ongoing pandemic; and
- Can act as a ‘central location/repository’ to find materials needed for future pandemics.