Arizona Health Improvement Plan (AZHIP)
The Arizona Advisory Council on Indian Health Care shall support implementation of the 2021-2025 AzHIP Rural & Urban Underserved Plan, by establishing an MOU between the following State agencies:
- Arizona Advisory Council on Indian Health Care (AACIHC),
- Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES),
- Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS),
- Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), and
- First Things First (FTF).
In collaboration with these other State agencies, here are the four target areas that the Arizona Advisory Council on Indian Health Care (AACIHC) will be focusing on:
- Research, improve or implement a training on how to work with Tribal Nations and Communities for state workers;
- Create a joint training for Tribal Leaders/Executives on the goals, programs, structure, etc. of the 5 state agencies;
- Coordinate a State-Tribal Epidemiology Summit that informs Tribes on the data that state agencies collect and how it may be accessed; and
- Conduct a needs and resource assessment of Housing needs for AIs in AZ.