Substance Use Disorder (SUD) and Overdose Prevention Kit
Per the CDC, the COVID-19 pandemic resulted in a significant increase in overdose deaths.
- In 2020, there were 91,799 drug overdose deaths in the U.S.
- This represents a 30% increase from 2019, beginning in March of 2020
Mitigation measures meant to slow the spread of the disease, such as mandatory stay-at-home orders, led to unintended social and economic consequences (e.g., depression, anxiety, disruptions in income source, good nutrition, and regular health care appointments), and exacerbated already existing disparities in social determinants of health. This hit Tribal and rural communities extremely hard, and it can be anticipated to occur again in the event that another pandemic occurs.
The below toolkit is meant to provide informational materials for communities still struggling with consequences of the last pandemic, and to provide preventative materials for future pandemics.
Fentanyl Educational Materials
- Fentanyl Informational 2 Page Pamphlet
- Narcan (Naloxone) and How to Use It
- What is Narcan (Naloxone)?
- Need Narcan? Here are locations near the 4 Corners Region of Arizona to get it